Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mathematically Challenged

For those of you who know me well, you know that math has never been my strong suit. For those of you who don't know this about me, let me assure you that you would not want me to teach your children any level of math. Math was fine through sixth grade, but when I got to jr. high, there was a new teaching philosophy that said you shouldn't grade math homework - just give 100's if students attempted the work. I was a good child, but if someone says they're not going to look at your homework, I quickly decided not to do it. I made it through 7th and 8th grade math, but decided not to like the subject.

Why is this important you may ask? Last week I posted an entry that Parker was six weeks old. I wrote the post in the car while Benton drove us to the lake. I later received a call from my best friend asking if Parker knew yet that his mother was mathematically challenged. I wasn't sure why I needed to tell him this at such a young age, but she told me it was because I had already miscalculated his age. She checked my math and counted the weeks on the calendar. Parker was really only five weeks old last Friday, not six weeks.

In baby terms, this makes a huge difference! It also affects my decision on breastfeeding. For me, there is a big difference in breastfeeding seven weeks and making it to eight weeks. Now that my infection is better, I also have renewed patience with breastfeeding and I am okay with going longer. I was so proud of myself for saving up 64 - 4oz. baggies of breastmilk in our deep freezer that would allow me to give Parker for a week after I quit breastfeeding. On Tuesday, my confidence was shaken when I realized our freezer had gone out and I lost all that milk! I had a mini-meltdown and called Benton in Nashville freaking out because all of the milk was defrosted and I lost all the yummy food my mother-in-law had made for me to eat when Benton was traveling. Benton's personality is always, well you can't do anything about it now, so don't get upset. After I calmed down, I knew he was right, but it was so darn frustrating!!!

I'll post Parker's real six weeks update tomorrow and I'll try to include some pictures. Call it lazy, but I really need to get one of those new cameras that will wirelessly download pictures to your computer. I don't know why getting the cord out and connecting the camera to the computer seems like such a pain, but its an extra 10 minutes I don't have right now. It would also help if I could load pictures to my blog from my iPhone - apple and eblogger can you get on that? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment