Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Behind in Blogging


I’ve been very behind in the blogging department, so I’ll go ahead and give you my two excuses.  First, Parker’s naps are hit or miss lately.  Some days he’ll take a 1.5 hour nap in the morning and another one in the afternoon.  Other days he will only take two 30-minute powernaps.  Since I never know which schedule we’re on, it’s hard to sit down and start blogging when I can be interrupted at any moment. 

Excuse number two is at least more positive.  I’m still working on building up my running stamina, so Parker and I try to spend at least an hour with the jogging stroller 4-5 days per week.  My most recent accomplishment is being able to run 3 miles without stopping in 37 minutes.  I love the feeling I have after spending an hour outside in the sunshine, smelling sweat and the outdoors in my hair, and being worn out from pushing myself to run longer each week.  Definitely brings back memories from high school – the last time in my life I was in shape.  I’ve also lost 15 pounds since Thanksgiving and I’m five pounds lighter than I was when I got pregnant in July 2009.  Such a great feeling and motivation to keep working out and losing weight. 

I’m glad I started in late November, so that I’m not in a hurry to get ready for lake season.   I can’t believe that Spring Break is almost here.  We usually plan a trip where I tag along on one of Benton’s business trips, but since we just got back from Vegas (more on that in a later post) I don’t think we’ll go anywhere this year.  I’m looking forward to being able to wear flip flops and sandals (I still hold to old fashion rules that you can’t wear them regularly before Spring Break.  This rule is easier than waiting until after Easter, especially since Easter isn’t until the end of April this year).  If I’m lucky, Parker and I may take a day trip to Canton to shop for some fun metal decorations for our backyard and maybe I can treat myself to a pedicure with some obnoxiously bright pink OPI nail polish.

Okay, now for more catch-up posts.  This is the beauty of flying by yourself and bringing your Mac with you on vacation.  I’ve already had two free diet cokes, read this week’s US Weekly, and have rearranged my 3 workout playlists on iTunes.  Ah, the life of someone with free time…

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the running and weight loss!
    I got to see Garth back in Texas Stadium, so amazing, he really is a performer.

    ReplyDelete