Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Viva Las Vegas - Friday

As I type, I’m flying back from one of our best trips ever to Las Vegas.  I guess the best trip to LV would have to be my first trip eight year ago when Benton surprised me and proposed, but this was a close second.

Benton and I both love to gamble, consume free beverages, stare at weird strangers, and stay up really late for no good reason.  Therefore, Vegas is a great place for us to visit for a few days about once a year.  The beauty of this trip was that I was not pregnant (like I was the last time we were in Vegas), Parker stayed in WF with the grandparents (didn’t have to pay for sitters and have the stress of flying with a lap infant), and we went with my best friend and her husband.

We really need to thank Ali for creating the trip.  He gave Hayley tickets to Garth Brooks for Christmas, and he made plans for them to go during his birthday weekend in February.  When Hayley mentioned the trip, she made an off the cuff comment that we should come to – little did she know that I would take her up on the offer and book our airfare before they booked their own!  We had a great deal on rooms at Wynn, got great seats to Garth Brooks (more to come on the most AMAZING experience ever), and had a great time hanging out as adults.

Friday night we ate diner at Switch in the Encore hotel.  The whole concept of building a restaurant with walls and ceilings that literally ‘switch’ the décor every 30 minutes was cheesy and the food/service weren’t great either.  After dinner, we met some Dallas kids at the Cosmopolitan nightclub, Marquee. I say kids because these guys are fresh out of college at 23 years old and they were ready to grab life by the horns and experience all Vegas had to offer.  We had a great time with them, but I’m sure they thought were old married parents who don’t get out enough. 

We had a great time people watching from our VIP table on the dance floor until people behind us started frantically dancing and pouring drinks on our heads and dresses.  We left the club around 2:30am, just as the party was getting really good.   We were way too old for some of the mess and didn’t want to wait in the really long bathroom lines.  Hayley and I were amazed at what constitutes “club attire” for twentysomething girls.  Everyone in the place had on tube dresses that barely covered their behinds and they had their undergarments hanging out in all the wrong places.  Made me glad I’m thirtysomething and don’t have to look like an idiot in public just because all of my girlfriends dress like idiots.  We wore flats and I was so glad that I didn’t have miserably sore feet or walk barefooted in the club.  You can do that when you’re an old married moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment