Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Is Your Life Worth Living?

This is really an optimistic post, even though the subject makes you think you need to jump off a bridge - so please keep reading.  Since I first met Benton over ten years ago, his motto has always been, "You can sleep when you're dead".  This motto applied at 3am when I wanted to go home and he wanted to find another party, and it applied at 8am when I wanted to sleep in and he was ready to start his Saturday.

Now, on vacation, some ten years later with a 13-month old, the same motto still applies.  We spent the day trying to wear Parker out after he woke up at 5:45am Taos-time.  We played at Kit Carson Memorial Park, saw the bridge at the Rio Grande Gorge, watched snow flakes at the Taos Ski Mountain, ate lunch at the Taos Cow, cruised in the stroller around downtown Taos, ate gravel at Eske's Pub, had guacamole at Orlando's New Mexican cuisine, and had our first aqua dump in the tub.  It was such a long day and Benton and I are both worn out, BUT I can say that we did as much as we possibly could in one day in the mountains.  We lived life to its fullest and Parker was worn out after our day of sightseeing.  I can say we were good parents today that spent quality time with our child.  We laughed, we ate, he cried, we drank, and the day was good.

How did you spend your day?

KAB

No comments:

Post a Comment