Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Running Ramblings

Okay, so I might start to admit that some days I really love to run - and today was one of those perfect days to run. My mom watched Parker while I ran this morning in Wichita Falls. The weather was cool (low 60s) with a 10-15mph wind, low humidity, and not a cloud in the sky. The terrain was exceptionally flat and because of the drought, I didn't have to worry about running through high grass. It was also kind of nice to run through my old neighborhood past the Catholic church and school, past the convenience store and the car wash, took a water break at the grocery store, and then reminisced about where my friends all lived when we were growing up (Britany, Julie, Hayley, Tina & Tim, Kami, Jeff, John, Micah, & Geoffrey). I planned to run 4 miles, then maybe 5 miles, then an hour - or whichever came first. I kept the same pace throughout, enjoyed the view, and didn't have to worry about breathing, pace, blisters, calves, or pushing a stroller. It was pure bliss!

I ran 5 miles in 56:17 and could have gone farther - my first 10K is within reach. Coincidentally, today marks 5 months that I've been running. My initial goal was to add one mile to my max each month, so I'm still on target. I plan to do a 10K (6.4 miles) in June/July and then I may push for the Las Vegas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon (13.1 miles) on December 4th. Still don't see a full marathon in my future, but who knows?!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Whoo hoo! See running is an addiction. I'm running the Vegas Half Marathon! It's awesome and they're doing it at night this year. You can also catch the NFR while you're out there. It's awesome too! A complete rodeo at the highest caliber in two hours!
    Keep running!

    ReplyDelete