Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Unsolicited Advice

Remember when you were engaged and everyone wanted to tell you about their wedding or their tips on where you should take your honeymoon? Then after you got married, everyone wanted to tell you how great the first few years of marriage are before you really live your life together. When you're pregnant, its like you're wearing a billboard that says, "Please tell me how great having a baby is..." or "Please tell me why I should have waited to have a baby..." or "Please tell me I should enjoy life without kids now...".

I was naive when I thought the unsolicited advice would stop after having Parker. Yesterday at Dillard's, the saleswoman must have been bored because she followed me around for over 45 minutes trying to make chit chat with me and not taking my social cues that I didn't want to talk to her. I planned my trip so that Parker would be asleep while I was shopping, but the saleswoman was concerned that he had been asleep the whole time I was looking around. She felt the need to say, "I'm not sure how old your baby is, but I sure hope he doesn't have his nighttime and daytime mixed up." To which I replied, "No, I think he's got figured out." I mean seriously, he's 2 and half weeks old, so he's going to take afternoon naps! Do you really want him awake and hungry screaming in the middle of ladies fashions?

Second stupid comment from yesterday was from the checker at Target. She asked how old my baby was and I told her that it was his first trip to Target. She said he needed to wake up and I said you're crazy, he needs to stay asleep for another 20 minutes so we can make it home. Then she gave the best quote of all - "Well he needs to wake up so he'll remember his first trip here". I promise you she was serious. I told her that he'd be visiting Target alot so I'm sure he'll be awake for one visit or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment