Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blue-Eyed Baby

Everyone in my family has blue eyes. When my brother and I were little, my dad would sing us the "Blue-Eyed Babies" song. We thought he made it up, but we later figured out that it was an old blues song. I'm sure some of dad's verses were original, but the song went something like this:

I've got some short ones, I've got some tall ones, I've got some blue-eyed babies.
I've got some big ones, I've got some small ones, I've got some blue-eyed babies.

Just add in some more adjectives and you can sing the song over and over! Most people say Parker looks like a mini-me version of Benton, except that he has blue eyes. I keep rooting for them to stay blue, and Benton keeps saying that they're starting to turn brown. Here is evidence that I'm winning the competition (not that I'm competitive or anything):


Jack has adjusted well to his new little brother. When Parker is napping, Jack takes his nap too and he makes sure he won't be disturbed if Parker wakes up early crying.


Jack also likes Parker's chair in his nursery. He wants to make sure he doesn't miss any excitement or the opportunity to grab one of Parker's toys off the floor. We're going to be in trouble once Parker is sitting up and playing with his stuffed animals.


Its hard to catch Parker's smiles and grins on camera. When I talk to him and get him grinning, he stops as soon as I cover my face up with the camera. He makes new noises everyday and is beginning to be much more expressive with his coos.


Parker has lost some hair on top of his head and it's coming in a lighter color. His eyebrows are getting darker and his eyelashes are getting longer and thicker. One of the first things I noticed about him when he was born was that he has Benton's eyelashes.


We were making fun of Parker earlier in the week because he has a pitiful fake cough to make you feel sorry for him. Now it has developed into a hacking cough with junk in his throat. He sounds terrible when he wakes up and it makes him mad to have stuff running down the back of his throat. He's not running a fever, so I guess he just inherited allergies from Benton and sinus congestion from me. Picture below was taken while he was napping this morning. He doesn't look like he feels too bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment