Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Weekend Recovery

We had a great weekend at Amon Carter Lake in Bowie, Texas at our friends', the Winfrey's, lake house. I hung out in the house with Parker on Saturday and Parker's Mimi watched him on Sunday so I could go out on the boat and enjoy the very hot weather.

Parker is still sleeping from around 9pm until around 6am, and I could not be any happier. I highly recommend reading two books if you want to help a new baby get on a schedule and sleep more. First, read "On Becoming Baby Wise" by Ezzo and Bucknam. The short advice is to feed your baby every 3 hours during the day and let them sleep at night until they wake up. For us, it has worked like a charm. Secondly, read "Happiest Baby on the Block" by Karp. It has some strange ideas about baby evolution, but it gives great step-by-step details about how to hold a baby and stop their crying. I think even if you have an older child that this book can help. It's so much easier to calm Parker down when he has his evening fussy time. Before reading this book he would cry for an hour, now it's more like 2 minutes!

Here is the munchkin fighting a nap this morning:




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment