Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Holidays Day 9

I haven't done any Christmas shopping at the mall this year, so far its all been online.  I need to order a few more gifts by the end of the week and I may make it my first "online only" shopping year.

One of my favorite Christmas memories growing up was going shopping with my dad on the afternoon of Christmas Eve.  I'm not sure why he always waited until the last minute, but he did have a point that by 3pm on Christmas Eve, Sikes Senter (no, that's not a typo) Mall was pretty much cleared out. We'd run into Dillards and buy my mom her Estee Lauder Oscar de la Renta (Oscar was her favorite, but if they were out, then we'd get her Beaustiful instead) perfume gift set and maybe a stocking stuffer like Isotoner Slippers or Cuddledud pajamas. Then we'd come home and I'd wrap her gifts.  Then on Christmas morning she always open the perfume and spray it in the middle of the living room.  I don't know that she was every really surprised, but she opened her gifts and acted liked it anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment