Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 14 of Thanks

Today I am thankful that my parents and grandmothers taught me how to cook (or what not to do in some cases!). I love to cook and married into a family that also appreciates cooking for a crowd, even when it's just the two of us. I love being home in on the weekends and bringing able to make a big mess (drives Benton crazy) and spend several hours cooking. I don't usually follow recipes very closely (or at all), which can also frustrate B. Most of the time it turns out fine, but I have had some disasters with brisket and chocolate chip cookies that stayed in the oven way too long!

My project today was a new pumpkin pie and crust recipe from my friend Brynn who is temporarily living in Brisbane. She has great recipes that she took with her to remind her of Texas and I'm glad she shared these. I made a pie and five minis and it's delish!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it! It's my favorite recipe for pumpkin pie! Makes me want fall to stick around a bit longer! Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete