Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 22 of Thanks

Today I'm thankful for craftiness - not the sneaky kind, but rather the artsy kind that overtakes me every so often. If you've known me for very long, you know I like to make flower arrangements, paint nursery letters, and invent other projects when I'm inspired.

Luckily, my parents encouraged my creativity - even allowing me to paint clouds on the ceiling of my bedroom in highschool. I also had a booth at a craft mall in college and sold sorority items. I didn't make money that summer, but I loved making everything and at least paid for my supplies with earnings.

My most recent project was inspired by burlap stockings I found on www.etsy.com. I made the pattern, hand-stiched the stockings, spraypainted and used chalkboard paint on the signs, and added fresh rosemary sprigs from outside. To complete my French Country Christmas mantle, I made the sign using a pine board I covered in burlap. I googled the Merry Christmas translation and free-handed the lettering.







I also have our dining room ready for Thanksgiving lunch on Thursday. My neighbors probably thought I was crazy today when they saw me cutting leaves off the oak tree and picking up acorns :)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. very pretty! i remember the cd holder you made me for christmas one year.. you mod podged it with magaizine clippings! i've got some ideas about christmas crafts for Aniston for this year.. we'll see if I have the energy to make it happen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you little jerk! - you are creative ALL the time and always produce such beautiful things! watch out -- i might pay you one of these days for a sign like that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britany - I totally forgot about the CD holder!

    Tina - just let me know what you want on your sign, maybe something for the frijole's room? =)

    ReplyDelete