Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 20 of Thanks

I am thankful for Lauren Clark and her motherly advice. At girls' dinner last Tuesday night, Lauren shared her doctor's suggestion for helping reduce her youngest son's spit-up issues. My doctor hasn't been very helpful and just keeps telling me it bothers me more than it does Parker --- and that he'll out grow it eventually.

Easy for someone else to say when your child literally spits up every 20 minutes all day long EVERYDAY. He goes through at least four clothes changes each day, I can't find cute boy bibs that are big enough to fit his neck, and the carpet in his room is officially ruined. AND it's a good thing he's not in daycare, because they probably would have kicked him out by this point.

Soooo, back to Lauren's amazing, wonderful, fabulous advice. We tried two different medicines for acid reflux that didn't help the spitups, so I needed another solution and I was ready to try anything. Lauren said we needed to get P to drink less, take the bottle slower, and thicken his formula. So instead of 8oz bottles, I started making 6oz bottles (3 scoops of formula) and adding 3 tablespoons of rice cereal to it. And ... it works!!!!

Parker is a whole new baby! It's been four days with our new mixture and I can count on one hand how many spitups we have each day. Words cannot express our gratitude to Lauren for her wisdom and advice. YA HOO!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: