Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Day 21 of Thanks

Today I'm thankful for birthdays and the fun that comes with celebrating them.  Today is my husband's 32nd birthday and we've a weekend full of festivities.  Benton's parents came in town Friday to celebrate and help with Parker on Saturday night so we could do some adult celebrating.  Julie & Brad Gossett came over for some drinks and Sasha & Jeff Denman stopped by on the way home from Dallas and stayed for dinner.

On Saturday we went down to NorthPark and went shopping and at lunch I told Benton about his birthday surprise.  I had booked us a room at the Four Seasons and his parents were babysitting!  He was excited, but he also saw straight through the sweet gesture and knew that I would benefit equally from some pampering and sleeping in!

We met friends for dinner at Joe T's - which Benton picked, so I really didn't plan everything to benefit me, although it is my favorite restaurant.  Brad Gossett, Jenya & Craig Felder, the Denmans, and Summer & Andrew Estes all joined us for B's birthday dinner.  After visiting a couple of watering holes, we called it a night and went back to enjoy our awesome room & view.  We had breakfast in bed and were back to reality by noon.  Thanks to Benton's parents, MiMi and Daddy B, for watching Parker for us so we could get some R&R.

This was the ninth year I've celebrated Benton's birthday with him, and it was the first year I forgot to get him a card.  Bad wife award was canceled out by the hotel room though, I think.  Benton said he was glad I saved $4 and didn't waste money on a card.  He may not mind, but this is no reason not to get me a card for Valentine's, our anniversary, my birthday, or just because (which never happens mind you!).

Happy Birthday Benton - and if you're nice enough this year, you just might get your very own $4 birthday card next year.  Love, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment