Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Day 23 of Thanks

Today I'm thankful for reliable companies you can trust to take care of your problem and not overcharge you or up-sell you on things you don't need.

We have had trouble with our ice dispenser since we moved into our house in July, but had just stopped using it rather than having someone look at it.  About a month ago, I attempted to use our home warranty coverage to repair the issue.  After paying some random repair man $60, I was told that the ice maker and freezer were covered, but the hole where the ice comes out of the door is conveniently not covered.  I tried several times to call the repairman to come back out since he knew exactly what was wrong and hopefully it would save me paying another $60 service fee.  He never called me back, I couldn't find the company on the internet, and the phone number on the invoice was disconnected - which all spells s.h.a.d.y.

With Thanksgiving on the way, we decided to get the issue repaired for good, so I googled for an appliance repair company in our area.  I called on Monday and they said they had someone who would be in our neighborhood.  Their repairman was here by 1pm, confirmed the issue, used his bluetooth headset to call & order the parts, and even fixed my gas burner that was not lighting (free of charge).  He and the owner came back out today to make the repair and gave Benton tons of info on our refrigerator model.  We have now updated the dispenser mechanism from plastic to steel, added yearly coolant, and replaced the water filter. They waived the $60 service fee and only charged us for the parts and labor.  We should have great tasting water and crushed ice in the morning =)

We would highly recommend them if you need anything repaired in the DFW area!

Dallas Metro Appliances
(972) 896-0814
www.fastandeasyrepair.com
(Rigo was our repairman)

No comments:

Post a Comment