Parents

Parents
Kristen & Benton Brown

An Unexpected Start

An Unexpected Start
Parker Trimble Brown was born April 9, 2010.

I'm One Year Old

I'm One Year Old
Parker will be 14 months old on June 9th.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 17 of Thanks

Today I'm thankful my iPhone - yes it sounds materialistic, but I am really quite attached to this uber-useful technology tool.  While trying to go to sleep last night, I tried to remember other technology devices that I thought were really cool at the time.

1) My first alarm clock - even though it was used for me to wait in time out =)
2) My first camera - a FisherPrice kids' version
2) Hot pink jambox - I could listen to tapes in the car!
3) Sony Walkman - see #2
4) Sony Discman
5) My first cordless phone (even came with call-waiting and three-way because my parents wanted to be able to use the home phone too).
6) My first stereo - Emerson, I think
7) Home computer with internet - we used to instant message on AOL for hours my junior and senior year of high school
8) Napster - The original that was free!  We also had free file sharing in the TCU dorms so everyone in Shirley had over 1000 songs to share.
9) Cell Phone - A red Nokia that I got my second year of college.  I can't believe I made all those trips between Wichita Falls, Fort Worth, and Austin without a cell phone!
10) iPod

Its hard to imagine that a small device that fits in my back pocket can do all of the things the others above could do AND MORE.  Every morning while Parker takes his first bottle, I check the weather, read my blogs, check my email, and play Words With Friends.  Granted, none of these are Earth-shattering activities, but they make me happy and for that I am thankful.

P.S.- If you've read this far, I thought I'd let you know that my "thanks" will continue through November 30th.  In December, I plan to steal an idea from Sasha Denman and make each day in December "My Favorite Things" about Christmas. Too bad I don't have Oprah's budget to buy each of you something, but I have lots of great Christmas memories and traditions to share nonetheless.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I love my iPhone too! I can't imagine life without it! And, I also remember when we got our first computer with internet and AIM'd all the time! I love the December "favorites" idea too.. I may have to copy you on that one! Oh, and PS - Parker is Adorable and just keeps getting cuter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what your December 1 will be.....White Christmas by Bing Crosby!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete